11 Can’t-Miss Upcoming Events in Estes Park, CO
With travel slowly returning to a welcomed level of semi-normalcy, many of Estes Park’s most beloved events and festivals will re-emerge in the coming days and months, including the Scandinavian Midsummer Festival, the Estes Park Wine Festival, and Autumn Gold. Not only is Estes Park one of the most beautiful cities in North America, but it’s also known for its many boisterous gatherings centered mostly around fine wine, Rocky Mountain-based musicians, and the region’s enthralling natural beauty. In anticipation of a stellar summer, the team at Estes Park Condos has pieced together a handy upcoming event guide.
Because no two years are alike, please verify festival dates by clicking the links below. Some festivals have yet to announce 2022 dates, so please check back often for updates.
The Top 11 Upcoming Festivals and Events in Estes Park
We’ve hand-selected 11 upcoming festivals and events here in picturesque Estes Park, ranging from the eye-popping Rooftop Rodeo to the festive Catch the Glow Festival of Lights. Click the links below to learn more about each gathering. Most events are free to the public.
- The Coolest Car Show in Colorado: July 4
- Observe hundreds of the coolest automobiles ever crafted, such as a 1952 Divco, a 1959 Chevrolet Corvette, and a 1929 Ford Model A Roadster.
- Rooftop Rodeo: July 5-10
- Watch in amazement as some of the world’s most skilled cowboys and cowgirls perform several incredible feats, including bronc riding, barrel racing, and roping.
- SnowyGrass Music Festival: July 30-31
- Estes Park Wine Festival: August 14-15
- Bond Park’s highly anticipated Wine Festival (officially) returns to Estes Park for its sixth edition.
- Longs Peak Scottish Irish Highland Festival: September 10-12
- “Scotfest” remains one of the most unique annual events in Colorado. The festival features live music, dance performances, petting zoos, whiskey tastings, dog herdings, and authentic eats.
- Autumn Gold: September 25-26
- Witness Estes Park’s signature golden aspens while jiving to live music, browsing antique vehicles, and munching on beer brats.
- Rails in the Rockies: September 25-26
- Combine a half-day at Autumn Gold with a stop at the eye-catching Rails in the Rockies model train expo at the Stanley Fairgrounds.
- Elk Fest: October 2-3
- Celebrate “Elktober” with a weekend at the Elk Fest, home the state’s premier bugling contest. Visitors can also enjoy live music, scavenger hunts, photography contests, a bustling marketplace, and a variety of demonstrations, including Indigenous dance performances.
- Rocky Mountain Craft Spirits Festival: October 23
- Catch the Glow Festival of Lights: November 26
- Details are still emerging for this year’s highly anticipated Catch the Glow parade, but it’s sure to be one for the ages!
- Estes Park Holiday Wine Fest: November 27-28
- The Festival of Lights and the Wine Fest pair flawlessly as Coloradans turn their attention to the always festive holiday season.
Other noteworthy upcoming events in Estes Park include the Fall Back Beer Fest (early November), the Winter Festival (mid-January), the Wine and Chocolate Festival (early February), Bigfoot Days (mid-April), the Estes Park Rotary Duck Race Festival (early May), Roots on the Ridge (mid-May), the Estes Park Marathon (mid-June), and the Scandinavian Midsummer Festival (late June).
To book a well-deserved getaway into Colorado’s breathtaking Rocky Mountains, please give Estes Park Condos a call today at 970-577-0068. All of our vacation rentals are a short distance from the town’s many festival grounds!